Tuesday 8 January 2008

Breaking the blog duct.


While I am aware that "breaking the blog duct" sounds like some kind of heinous plumbing operation, I am in fact referring to my lack of blog action for nearly a month.


Sorry. My excuse is that nothing interesting has happened anywhere in the world but the real reason is that I've been loading myself up with festive meats and copious amounts of booze in what can only be described as sordid, glutinous, indulgence.

All in the name of the little baby Jesus though- what an appetite that child had!

My biggest "achievement" involved eating the biggest Wiener Schnitzel I have ever seen, in a fantastically hearty Berlin restaurant called Austria.


It was basically made up of a whole cows arse and covered my entire plate (see above).

Underneath the slab of succulent, young meat were a load of vegetables, hiding like a guerilla army preparing for crack-colon warfare in a surprise, late attack.

To the horror of my fellow diners, I finished everything and proceeded to pick at their leftovers.

It's at times like that when I worry that I may have worms.

1 comment:

Fran said...

James, what the hell is a wiener schnitzel?! It looks like a battered cow pat. You probably do have worms now. I'll leave you with that thought...